J. Joseph Mongaras
J. Joseph Mongaras vigorously represents clients in all misdemeanor and felony charges on the state and federal level. He joined Sorrels, Udashen and Anton after a successful solo practice. Taking on challenging criminal cases, Mr. Mongaras works hard to receive favorable outcomes for his clients. He has tried numerous DWI cases, along with assault and drug-related cases.
A Dallas native, Mr. Mongaras earned a B.A. in Economics and Public Policy at Southern Methodist University and a law degree at St. Mary's University. He spent a summer studying International law at the University of Innsbruck. While at law school, Mr. Mongaras clerked with two prominent criminal defense firms.
Mr. Mongaras continues to further his legal education. An Associate Member of the Higgenbothen Inn of Court, he also co-chairs the Dallas Young Lawyers Association's Criminal Bar Involvement Committee. He is member of the American Bar Association and the Dallas Bar Association, donating his time and expertise to various organizations.
Donating his time beyond the legal field, Mr. Mongaras is an active Jesuit alumni and spends many hours helping charitable organizations around the Dallas area.
Mr. Mongaras is licensed to practice in the State of Texas, and the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas.
Areas of Practice include:
- DWI (driving while intoxicated)
- Drug offenses: possession and conspiracy (state and federal)
- White Collar Fraud
- Robbery and Theft
- Assaults (aggregative, sexual, and family)
- Driver's License hearings, Expungements, Public Intoxication, Minor in Possession
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- J.D. - 2005
- University of Innsbruck
- Southern Methodist University
- B.A. - 2002
- Major: Economics and Public Policy
- Minor: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Jesuit Young Alumni Association, Steering Committee, 2006
- Dallas Bar Association
- Higgenbothen Inn of court, Associate Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- Dallas Young Lawyers Association, Member, Criminal Bar Involvement Committee