Katherine Lydia Reed
Katherine L. Reed diligently represents her clients in all types of criminal cases ranging from misdemeanors and felony trials to appeals and writs in both the State and Federal courts. She joined Sorrels, Udashen & Anton as an associate after clerking for the firm during law school. She works closely with all the attorneys in the firm in all aspects of the criminal cases. Katherine works vigorously to achieve favorable outcomes for her clients.
Katherine was born and raised in Kingwood, Texas, just north of Houston. She received a B.A. in psychology with minors in psychology and law and sociology from the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. She then moved back to Texas to attend Southern Methodist Law School where she received her J.D. While in law school, she clerked for the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office for one year. She then began clerking for Sorrels, Udashen & Anton.
Katherine is a member of the Dallas Bar Association, Dallas Young Lawyers Association and the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association. She attends frequent courses in criminal law in order to further her legal education and experience. She spoke at the Texas Judiciary Conference in Austin on DWI case law updates during summer 2010.
Katherine is an active member of the USC Alumni club here in Dallas and a proud Trojan alumni. She also assists in many fundraisers through Dallas area including the Gustavo Ipiña Memorial Scholarship.
Ms. Reed is licensed to practice in the State of Texas and the United States District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas.
Areas of Practice include:
- Drug offenses
- Robbery and Theft
- Child Abuse
- Expungments, Nondisclosures, Occupational Licenses and many others
Areas of Practice
- 100% Private Criminal Defense
- Texas, 2009
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2010
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2011
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- J.D. - 2009
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
- Major: Psychology
- Sex, Drugs & Surveillance Seminar, State Bar of Texas, Houston, Texas, 2014
Honors and Awards
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars by Texas Monthly, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dallas Bar Association, 2009
- Dallas Young Lawyers Association, 2009
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, 2009
- Delta Gamma